The last ten years have been a bit of a whirlwind in your life. The simple idea you had to open a little shop selling your own recipe cakes has taken off beyond your wildest dreams. So much so that in the intervening years you have had to take on employees and then move to your own little factory.
The demand has carried on, helped my great reviews and a few awards. You are determined for the success to continue to flourish so you look for the next way to progress. After visiting a business seminar, you are introduced to the benefits of HMI touch screens. You decide to invest in the system after discovering the following 8 advantages.
- Human machine interface, or HMI, allows electronics to control and signal various types of automation settings in the workplace. Touch screens are cost effective as they can reduce the costs of manufacturing, increasing profit margins, and lowering production costs.
- The systems are designed to withstand harsh conditions such as water and high temperatures which is ideal for your requirements.
- Productivity is increased as an HMI screen can command a machine to work at a faster rate than humans can possibly manage.
- Morale among staff will be increased, especially when you train them how to use to use the HMI touch screen, as they will feel part of a modern organisation safe in the knowledge that increased orders are good for their job security.
- Reliable messaging alerts the operative when machines require refilling and the maintenance team when there is an issue. Proactive rather than reactive action ensures that any potential damage is restricted and dealt with while any downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Costs are cut with a touch screen as the costs of cabling is reduced.
- Having real time data is invaluable in the production industry. It allows decisions and adjustments to be made, and even scheduling assessed. Simulation testing can be carried out and wastages are kept to a minimum. All leads to further efficiency within the operation.
- An HMI touch screen is easy to use as operatives can be trained quickly, ready to go with enthusiasm and with vigour.
An HMI touch screen will lead to increased quality productivity, which leads to greater profits making it a good investment. The data available will save further money in flagging up machinery issues.